Terms of Service
1. Access to and use of this site provided by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Singapore Section (ASME-SG) is subjected to the following Terms and Conditions.
2. All rights, including copyright, in the content of these ASME-SG web pages are owned or controlled for these purposes by the ASME-SG. In accessing the ASME-SG's web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own personal non-commercial use. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these ASME-SG web pages for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of the ASME-SG.
3. Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions which take effect on the date which you first use the site. ASME-SG reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
4. Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use. Any other use requires the prior written permission of ASME-SG. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
5. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to ASME-SG, is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. In no event will ASME-SG be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site. ASME-SG does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. The names, images and logos identifying the ASME-SG, or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of ASME-SG, and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trade mark or patent of ASME-SG, or any other third party.
7. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
8. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
9. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.