1. The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Singapore Section (ASME-SG) understands and respects the rights of individualsí privacy and is committed in providing online data security.
2. This privacy statement explains how data is handled whilst you browse and submit information through the web site and your options regarding the ways in which your data is used.
Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to your computerís hard drive for record keeping purposes. Cookies contain information that can be used on particular web sites and to tailor a visitorís experience on the web site, or to provide data that can be used for analysis by our web servers.
The information gathered does not identify you personally. Cookies cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other web sites or damage your system.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you would prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or to inform you when they are set. However you may not be able to take full advantage of our web site if you disable them.
4. Registration and Completing Forms
When you complete a form to make an enquiry, you may be asked to provide contact details such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
The information gathered will only be used for completing your request, unless specifically stated on a particular form, which may include passing information to sites under ASME-SG management, ASME-SG service partners or agents.
5. Transfer of Data / Data Sharing
We will not disclose your personal information unless we are obliged to do so or allowed to do so by law, or where we need to do so in order to run our operation (for example where other people process data for us). Should this be the case, we will ensure confidentiality agreements are in place.
6. Other web sites
Our web site may contain links to other web sites which are outside our control and are not covered by this privacy statement.
7. Notification of changes to the privacy statement
8. Contact details
If you have any queries or comments regarding this privacy statement, please send an email to: email@example.com